So many of you keep asking how I make my play dough and get it so soft at my classes! Well here’s how:
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 1/8 of a cup of salt
- 2 tablespoons of veg oil
- 2 table spoons of cream of tartar
- 1 and a half cups of boiling water
- Food colouring
- Set the kettle away
- Put all the dry ingredients into a large bowl And mix
- Add the oil and mix
- Put a tiny amount of food colouring into a cup, pour boiling water in and stir.
- Pour water over dry ingredients and mix, add the other half of cup of water.
- Mix until the play dough is one lump and leave for 10 mins or until you can handle it without burning your hands.
- You want to nead the play dough while it’s still warm as the finished product will be much softer.
- Nead until lovely and soft.
It’s takes about 2 minutes to make and then about 5 minutes to Nead.