Hello my name is Lene and I live in Basingstoke with my husband Chris and our two children, Benny 6 and Emilie 4. I run Little Learners parties and messy play classes in Basingstoke. A multi award-winning educational mark making program that develops early writing skills through messy play.
I am a primary teacher and for the past 10 years I have mainly taught in Key Stage 1. Teaching children has given me first-hand experience of what mark making brings to children. Mark making supports skills needed for early writing, fine motor skills, hand-eye co-ordination and so much more.
So come along, join us for lots of messy fun and help your child make their mark.
I look forward to meeting you in classes, please contact me for further information.
Little Learners is a wonderful way to engage young children and develop their physical skills such as core strength and coordination, as well as social and communication skills.
Enjoying messy play sessions helps to develop their early writing skills too. Each week we practise a different shaped mark. As the children practise making marks, we can start to show them how to form letters and numbers. This is great for getting them ready for school!
Classes are all mixed ages with activities to suit babies up to pre-schoolers. This means that they are great for siblings.
My aim is that my classes are relaxed, welcoming and fun, enabling you to spend time with your child and help them to develop skills they will need for the future. It is also a great place to chat and meet other parents.Come and join in some mark making sessions in Basingstoke! I look forward to meeting you. Any questions please just ask.
I am so excited to be able to re-start my classes again after such a long wait! We have all worked REALLY hard to make sure our classes are safe and enjoyable for all. Please see our new guidance below …
– Face coverings must be worn by adults at all times inside the venue.
– Please do not come to class if you or any of your household have a temperature or any symptoms of covid-19
– Only 1 adult can accompany a child
– Families should socially distance and make sure there’s 1m+ between them and others at all times
– The use of Mark Making Tools should be encouraged at each station as opposed to touching the resources or ingesting them.
– Obvious edible play will not be currently used in our classes.
– There will be anti bac wipes at each station for you to wipe over after/before you have used it.
– You should also sanitise your hands between stations.
– There will be water at the end of the session to get your child washed.
– Please try to refrain from bringing a lot of luggage or bulky items such as buggies into the venue as we are going to have limited space
How will classes work now?
1. On entering the venue you will pick up a sealed and sanitised Mark Making Tool Kit for your child which will include mark making tools, a ribbon/ scarf, some play dough, and small hand sanitiser. (Kit content may vary.)
2. You will sanitise your hands, enter the room and will be directed to a mat to sit on. You will stay in that spot until everyone has arrived. There will be a small bucket of water and soap by your mat so that we can wash our hands all together.
3. After the starter activity you will be free to explore the mark making stations. There will be a limit of 1 family per station for small trays and 2 for larger trays and painting area as long as there is space to social distance.
4. After the session all the used tools need to be placed in a tub for cleaning.
5. You will return to your mats and give your child a quick wash/wipe down if required.
7. Families will then award the sticker to their child and filter out of the room one family at a time.
We know things are a little different but we can’t wait to welcome you back to class and are excited to see you all making your mark!
Due to the current number of 6, parties can’t go ahead unless the number attending is 6 and under (including adults). There are other options!
Here is more information on how Little Learner Parties run (depending on guidelines at the time of the party). I am happy to discuss dates for 2021.
How about a Little Learners Party for your child? Did you know we can tailor our parties to your child’s interests or favourite characters? A ‘cake smash’ party is very popular and we can cater to themes such as Peppa Pig, Unicorns, football, Marvel Superheroes and many, many more. Alternatively, a ‘Super Messy’ includes all our class favourites. You can be as creative as you like or leave it all to us!
The party room would typically be set up with a variety of themed messy and dry trays, sensory play, painting and drawing stations, play dough, crafts and a dance area. Our party packages start from £95 for up to 15 children and your party can be set up at a venue of your choice – we bring everything required, deliver the session and clear up all the mess afterwards – what could be better? For an additional £20 we can provide a ‘cake smash’ tray! For more information, or to check availability of parties or messy play classes in Basingstoke please get in touch – email@example.com or check us out on Facebook.
We recently hired some trays and equipment from Lene, and bought some of her bundles of messy play activities. Both were really thoughtfully put together and gave us some much needed new ideas for lockdown play! I have a nearly 2 year old and a 4.5 year old and they both enjoyed all of it. Thank you Lene! Megan Jensen
My son used to go to Lene’s classes and seeing him transform from not paying attention, he actually started to mark-make, concentrate and enjoy the messy play! Most recently however, we ordered a messy play bundle for lockdown. It’s been a lifesaver for both my boys! Thank you Lene! Priya Brown
My little boy absolutely loved his first little learners session!
I think he would of stayed all day playing if he could of! He especially loved the colourful spaghetti pumpkin!
Every detail was thought about from the fun activities to the clean up! It was brilliant he had so much fun exploring and getting messy!
What I thought was great was it so nice to be able to get my LO all clean and tidy before his afternoon sleep.
Lene is so friendly and welcoming. Definitely recommend this class!
Thank you Lene! Lucy Wright
We have just finished our first term with Lene at little learners and we love it. Each week we have so much fun and there is always so much to play with. The classes are a nice size and Lene is so welcoming and friendly. I would definitely recommend anyone with little ones to come along and embrace the mess! We can’t wait for next term! Charlotte Ross
My little one loves it! Can’t wait for the next session! He is engaged in the activities for the duration of the session and seems at ease in the setting. Lene, the lady running the classes is so friendly and laid back. We felt welcome at our first class so we immediately booked onto the summer sessions. You’ll be seeing more of Noah! Highly recommended! Afia McCoy
Really love this group, my 2 year old has great fun and is kept amused for the whole hour, I highly recommend. Gemma Simpkins
Fantastic class – my 6 month old thoroughly enjoyed making his mark! Elise Farzam
Had such a great summer session with Lene today. She has such a fantastic manner with children of all ages and let’s get them really stuck in! The messy trays were all set out beautifully (until the kids intervened!) – both inside and out. Max loved doing the ‘swirl’ in a range of textures and especially loved getting stuck into the lumpy custard! Thank you so much for such a fab session – I fully recommend to all. Michelle H
Great class!! My son loves it and so do we. Mark Marsh