Make a salt dough gift for your little one to give to their Mummy or Daddy this Valentine’s Day!
This is mega easy and so much fun to do with little ones. It can be made with only 2 ingredients!
You will need:
1 cup salt
1 cup plain flour
Half a cup of water
How to make the salt dough:
- Put the salt and flour into a bowl and add half a cup of water. (I added pink food colouring to the water)
2. Mix really well.
3. Knead for a good few minutes.
4. Roll out the dough and cut out heart shapes using a cookie cutter.
5. Decorate the hearts by adding fingerprints or handprints.
Top Tip! Use a straw to make a hole in your decoration so that you can thread a ribbon through.
6. You can let the decoration air dry. This will take a few days. Alternatively put them in the oven on the lowest heat for around 3 hours.
7. When they are dry you can add the finishing touches – paint them, varnish them… add glitter!
Such a fun activity as little ones can join in with each stage. They will love stirring, mixing, kneading, rolling the dough and the decorating!